How to COMMISSION your own custom pet portrait
(of your cat, dog, rabbit, hedgehog)
Embroidery is a patient and time-consuming art form, therefore I find the best way to sell custom pieces is to release slots in my Etsy Shop about three times a year. These are sold on a first come, first served basis. By releasing portraits this way everyone gets a chance at purchasing a space whether you found out about my portraits a day, a month or a year ago.
I send out newsletters 1-2 weeks before the release date. To find out when new slots are going to be in the shop, please sign up to my mailing list or keep an eye out on my social media accounts.
5" HOOP £525 + SHIPPING
4-9 WEEK COMPLETION TIME
AFTER MAKING YOUR PURCHASE
Once you have completed your purchase I kindly ask you send over the following information:
- Your favourite photograph of your beloved pet - alongside a few extra for colour referencing
- Their name
- Your permission on whether or not I can share photos of the piece on my social media accounts
This can be sent to my email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or to my Etsy account.
- One clear photograph of your pet with no blurriness
- A close portrait (not taken from afar or cropped)
- Taken in natural daylight if possible with no uneven shadows on their face (no flash)
- Try and get to their eye level when taking the photo (its much more complimentary!)
- If your pet if pure black or white, please send a photo where you can see highlights and shadows
Photo advice (taking your photo)
- Take your photo away from direct sunlight when outside (go to shadey areas)
- Try and take your portrait when they are near a window (its great for making your pets look their best)
- Stitched using DMC embroidery floss
- Stitched onto calico material
- Stretched in an 5" embroidery hoop
- Hoop is hand-stained
- The fabric is tied at the back with the drawstring method and then secured with felt and a sawtooth hook for easy hanging!
----Price of shipping is for Royal Mail Tracked & Signed----
Each hoop is made by yours truly, and although I wish I could give every single one of you a custom slot at once (and grow 10 more hands), I'm afraid there is only so much work I can take on. Please do not be disappointed if you miss out on a slot, as I aim to release spaces as regularly as I can